[petsc-dev] MPI_Attr_get test fails

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sat Feb 10 11:54:17 CST 2018

Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 9:39 PM, Jeff Hammond <jeff.science at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473234(v=vs.85).aspx
>>
>> This function name is archaic and removed in MPI-3. Use the new name.
>>

> OK, Jed did this a few months ago.
>
> It still fails because my code uses PETSC_COMM_WORLD. I guess I need to
> change that.

This runs cleanly with MPICH and Open MPI.  Mark, PETSC_COMM_WORLD is
_usually_ equivalent to MPI_COMM_WORLD.  You should *never* use it in
PETSc library code.  It is not a "PETSc communicator" or "inner
communicator" -- those terms refer to a dup'd communicator held by PETSc
objects for PETSc's exclusive use.