[petsc-dev] AOCreateBasic vs AOCreateMapping

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Aug 27 18:11:04 CDT 2018

> I don't understand the difference between these two (and AOCreate{Basic,Mapping}IS). They do the same according to docs. My guess would be the latter is obsolete, dating back to before multiple AOTypes were introduced?
I don't think they are the same. The docs for AOCreateBasic say "there
cannot be any "holes" in the indices. Use AOCreateMapping() or
AOCreateMappingIS() if you wish to have "holes" in the indices." That's
why I am using AOCreateMapping in my code.

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher
Senior Research Fellow