[petsc-dev] broken stuff in next for many days

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 22 10:56:49 CDT 2018

On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, Smith, Barry F. wrote:

> > It would be good to figure out exactly where the difference comes form
> > [wrt chaco from trilinos vs separate install of chaco - or some other
> > interaction from trilinos]
>
>    Different random numbers being generated?

Its trilinos vs non-trilinos build of packages - so I don't think its 'different random number generation' issue.

Trilinos install does:

    if self.libraries.check(self.dlib, "interface"):
      self.addDefine('HAVE_CHACO',1)
      self.addDefine('HAVE_CHACO_INT_ASSIGNMENT',1)
    if self.libraries.check(self.dlib, "ML_Set_PrintLevel"):
      self.addDefine('HAVE_ML',1)
    if self.libraries.check(self.dlib, "Zoltan_LB_Partition"):
      self.addDefine('HAVE_ZOLTAN',1)
    if self.libraries.check(self.dlib, "ex_close"):
      self.addDefine('HAVE_EXODUSII',1)

For one there is different chaco code in petsc based on this flag
HAVE_CHACO_INT_ASSIGNMENT. Its not clear to me if this is causing the
difference.

--download-chaco is using 'Chaco-2.2-p2.tar.gz'. This matches the
latest chaco tarball from their website [Chaco-2.2.tar.gz]. So I do
not know if chaco packaged by trilinos has changes that cause this
difference [clearly it added some change that resulted in us using the
flag HAVE_CHACO_INT_ASSIGNMENT]

And then there is also exodus.. --download-exodus uses the latest
snapshot from https://github.com/gsjaardema/seacas/

Satish