[petsc-dev] upcoming release and testing [v2]

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 6 15:26:40 CDT 2018

Hi again,

the reason for the higher number of timeouts is likely to be due to the
higher number of GPU tests. GPU builds that formerly only used CUSP now
run against the CUDA backend, which has a higher number of tests. Also,
the CUDA backend uses CUBLAS and CUSPARSE, whereas CUSP used its own
kernels. As far as I know, CUBLAS and CUSPARSE initialization is fairly
slow on the M2090.

Best regards,
Karli