[petsc-dev] upcoming release and testing [v2]

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 5 08:28:24 CDT 2018

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> > http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2018/04/05/next.html
>
> I think I know all the fixes. I cannot do it until tonight at the earliest.
> One of them, FETIDP, is an indentation fix.

Once the fixes are in - I think it will take a few iterations [i.e a
few test cycles] to verify them [ and fix missing issues].

So assuming all fixes are pushed by tonight - [and you are able to
check build logs and fix issues immediately - and reschedule tests
immediately - we could do the release later tomorrow [but it might
push over to weekend/early-next week].

1. Are few fix cycles by tomorrow feasible? [Matt]

2. Do these branches need to go into the release? [Matt]

3. Is it ok if the release gets pushed to early next week? [Barry, Todd]

[assuming currently scheduled branches in next-tmp will be clean]

thanks,
Satish