[petsc-dev] getting on with the nested timers

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Thu Apr 5 05:15:25 CDT 2018

Barry,

I'm still trying to use petsc's nested logging with our code. I
have it working for 3.8.3 with the command line option, for
example:

mpirun -n 3 ./refresco -log_view :performance.xml:ascii_xml

This gives the expected performance.xml file. How to get the same
without command line options? So far I have:

CALL PetscLogDefaultBegin(ierr)
CALL PetscViewerASCIIOpen(MPI_COMM_WORLD,'performance.xml',viewer,ierr)
CALL PetscLogView(viewer,ierr)

which gives the regular log in the performance.xml file.

I guess I should replace PetscLogDefaultBegin by
PetscLogNestedBegin as stated in the manual page of PetscLogView.

But there's no manual page for PetscLogNestedBegin and I didn't
find anything like PetscViewerASCIIOpenXML either.

Chris

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij  | Senior Researcher | Research & Development
MARIN | T +31 317 49 33 44 | mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl | http://www.marin.nl

MARIN news: http://www.marin.nl/web/News/News-items/Kom-zaterdag-10-november-naar-de-open-dag-in-Wageningen.htm