[petsc-dev] Getting credit for Contributors graph on github?

Richard Tran Mills rtmills at anl.gov
Thu Sep 28 17:26:31 CDT 2017

In my case, the easiest thing for me to do would be to add all of my
addresses to my GitHub account, but I can't validate all of those, as I
have commits associated with email addresses (e.g., rmills at ornl.gov) that
haven't existed for years.

I'm not familiar with the .mailmap file format. I want to make my
"canonical" email address "rmills at rmills.org", and map all of my old email
addresses to be associated with that. Can someone please tell me what I
need to enter in the .mailmap file to do this?

(Followup question: Once I've done this, since GitHub knows that "
rmills at rmills.org" is associated with my account, will it count my commits
made under my old email addresses in the "contributors" graph?)

Thanks,
Richard