[petsc-dev] *unwind* next branch

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 27 16:25:51 CDT 2017

All (next users),

We had to unwind next again - so you would also have to do the delete
and recreate next again!

Sorry about that.

If you try to merge across the old and new next versions - you should
get a merge conflict on include/petscversion.h. [i.e this merge
conflict indicates you have to recreate next - and *not* resolve/push]

$ git fetch
$ git merge origin/next
Auto-merging include/petscversion.h
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/petscversion.h
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

Satish