[petsc-dev] Question about linesearch

Lulu Liu lulu.liu at kaust.edu.sa
Fri Sep 22 08:22:39 CDT 2017

Hi,

I am trying to find a lambda by the linesearch such that
f([x_{k}+\lambda d_{k}])<f(x_{k})+\alpha\lambda grad f(x_{k})^{T}d_{k}
where [x_{k}+lambda d_{k}] means the projection that cuts off the
undershoot or overshoot of  x_{k}+lambda d_{k}.

How to add the above projection into the linesearch in PETSc?

Thanks!

--

this email.