[petsc-dev] PetscSF in Fortran

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Oct 30 17:21:23 CDT 2017

hi,

I just pulled the latest next branch and found that the PetscSF stuff
doesn't appear to work in Fortran anymore for me.

When I run the ex1f example it gives:

[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation,
probably memory access out of range
[0]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger or -on_error_attach_debugger
[0]PETSC ERROR: or see
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html#valgrind
[0]PETSC ERROR: or try http://valgrind.org on GNU/linux and Apple Mac OS
X to find memory corruption erro
rs
[0]PETSC ERROR: likely location of problem given in stack below
[0]PETSC ERROR: ---------------------  Stack Frames
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Note: The EXACT line numbers in the stack are not available,
[0]PETSC ERROR:       INSTEAD the line number of the start of the function
[0]PETSC ERROR:       is given.
[0]PETSC ERROR: [0] PetscSFBcastBegin_Basic line 922
/home/acro018/software/PETSc/code/src/vec/is/sf/impl
s/basic/sfbasic.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: [0] PetscSFBcastBegin line 972
/home/acro018/software/PETSc/code/src/vec/is/sf/interface/
sf.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message

And the same thing happens with my own code.

Should this example still work? Or is there something else I need to do?

I did make allfortranstubs and make.

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher