[petsc-dev] QR factorization of dense matrix

Franck Houssen franck.houssen at inria.fr
Sat Oct 28 06:11:43 CDT 2017

I've seen that !... But can't get BVOrthogonalize to work.

I tried:
Mat Z; MatCreateSeqDense(PETSC_COMM_SELF, n, m, NULL, &Z);
...; // MatSetValues(Z, ...)
BVCreate(PETSC_COMM_SELF, &bv);
BVCreateFromMat(Z, &bv); // Z is tall-skinny
Mat R; MatCreateSeqDense(PETSC_COMM_SELF, n, m, NULL, &R); // Same n, m than Z.
BVOrthogonalize(bv, R);

But BVOrthogonalize fails with :
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Nonconforming object sizes
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Mat argument is not square, it has 1 rows and 3 columns

So, as I didn't get what's wrong, I was looking for another way to do this.

Franck