[petsc-dev] test harness with alternative output files

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 25 11:04:31 CDT 2017

   Scott,

    It looks like you started to put in support for the test harness to compare output against multiple files.

$ git grep altfile
config/gmakegentest.py:    if len(altlist)>1: subst['altfiles']=altlist
config/gmakegentest.py:      if 'altfiles' not in subst:
config/gmakegentest.py:        for i in range(len(subst['altfiles'])):
config/gmakegentest.py:          af=subst['altfiles'][i]
config/gmakegentest.py:          if i!=len(subst['altfiles'])-1:

but that there is not yet support for this?

We have a bunch of tests that require this so we will need it in the test harness. How difficult do you think this would be to add?

   Thanks