[petsc-dev] please don't mess up master by moving broken shit into

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 24 22:41:54 CDT 2017

ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2017/10/02/examples_full_master.log

ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2017/10/03/examples_full_master.log

Clearly this was broken in next on

ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2017/10/02/examples_full_next.log

so how the hell did it get into master? If next is broken, you don't move branches to master!

Now someone has to go back and log into some obscure machine and figure out the commit that broke things and fix it.

Please be considerate of Satish and others who have to fix crap you put into master by making sure you don't move broken shit into master.

Yes eventually we'll get rid of the nightmare of next but until then please don't put broken shit in master because you "think" it is not the problem!

And yes we need to finish the test harness so next is rightfully killed! But that will take some time.