[petsc-dev] MatAssembly and VecAssembly

Kong, Fande fande.kong at inl.gov
Fri Oct 20 12:17:47 CDT 2017

How about to do  a global check (MPI_Allreduce)? If we do not set values at
all and the matrix is already assembled, we just return without doing
anything?

How expensive, in the current implementation,  to call MatAssemblyBegin/End
if there are no any stashed data? Is it so cheap that we can just ignore
it?

I am asking because we call MatAssemblyBegin/End so often in MOOSE. I want
to make sure this is not going to bring up any performance issue.

Fande,