[petsc-dev] transitioning more PETSc tests to new harness before next release

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 10 13:45:22 CDT 2017

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 9:37 PM, Scott Kruger <kruger at txcorp.com> wrote:
>

> On 10/7/17 4:26 AM, Barry Smith wrote:
>>    We'll be preparing another release in the next couple of months. It would be nice to transition more examples to the new test harness.
>>    How can we organize this? My original plan was to try to do a test/tutorial directory at a time in a branch and move them through next. Can we start to do this or is there still something missing in the test harness?
>
> I still have to debug the branch enabling tests from install
> directory -- and Satish showed a use case different
> than what I expected in that PR so it's a bit painful.

  Ok, this is still important. Please try to add the correct capability as I requested and (probably in a pull request) demonstrate what goes wrong so we can start the process of fixing stuff to work with installed directory. Don't waste time trying to debug this new capability by yourself, start getting it setup and Satish and I can help with debugging it.

  Barry