[petsc-dev] *unwind* next branch

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 13 18:56:17 CST 2017

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017, Adrian Croucher wrote:

> > Petsc 'next' branch users,
> >
> > I've recreated 'next' branch - and have a backup for current 'next' at
> > next-nov-2017
> >
> > [This is eliminate some binary files - that got inadvertently
> > added. next-nov-2017 will be deleted at a later time]
> >
> > So (next branch users) please do the following (in all your git clones):
> >
> > git checkout master
> > git fetch
> > git branch -D next
> > git checkout next
>
> I just did this, and now the PetscSFNode type is unavailable from Fortran
> again. Barry added Fortran support for this a couple of weeks ago, but now it
> seems to be gone.

Unwind is a reset to next the status of master (wrt commits)

git checkout next
git reset --hard origin/master

i.e Brances that are ready for 'next' testing have to be merged into next again.

I've fixed issues for some branches - [they are clean in a couple of
test builds - i.e arch-linux-pkgs-opt and arch-linux-cxx-cmplx-pkgs-64idx]

So I've now merged the following branches to next.

  origin/barry/fortran-PetscSFBcastBegin
  origin/barry/remove-petscdatatype-dmgetworkarray
  origin/barry/snes-view-display-fd

once the branch 'origin/barry/fortran-PetscSFBcastBegin' is
merged to master - you should switch from next to master.

Satish