[petsc-dev] broken nightlybuilds (next vs next-tmp)

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Nov 11 12:40:21 CST 2017

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017, Matthew Knepley wrote:

>  And that makes my point. The time for me to login to cg, set
> everything up, and run the tests should be automated, and in fact we
> already did that for next, which is what should be used.

You can automate an ssh command run a test on cg - [if you don't want
to run tests on your laptop]

But this is a fundamental problem.

When next model is promoted for integration testing - and Jed keeps
justifying it with all the benefits it would have - and any one of us
short-cirucits it by using it for 'local testing' which I think is a
prereqisite for next model - our next model is broken and will remain
broken.

Another reason why Barry wants to throw away this model.

Satish