[petsc-dev] PR #800

Vaclav Hapla vaclav.hapla at erdw.ethz.ch
Fri Nov 10 05:25:25 CST 2017

Hi Matt

I would like to redirect the changes in PR #800 "DMPlex ex5 set partitioner from options" into maint so that we have a test base for fixing the PETSCPARTITIONERPARMETIS bug below, mentioned in the other thread. I feel this should fixed anyway, independently of the proposed PETSCPARTITIONERMATPARTITIONING which will take some time.

So if you agree, I decline current PR #800, and prepare a new one targeted to main.

src/dm/impls/plex/examples/tutorials/ex5.c fails with partitioner set to PETSCPARTITIONERPARMETIS for certain numbers of processes
[ 0] ***ASSERTION failed on line 176 of file /scratch/petsc-dev/arch-linux-gcc-salvus/externalpackages/git.parmetis/libparmetis/comm.c: j == nnbrs
[ 2] ***ASSERTION failed on line 176 of file /scratch/petsc-dev/arch-linux-gcc-salvus/externalpackages/git.parmetis/libparmetis/comm.c: j == nnbrs
ex5: /scratch/petsc-dev/arch-linux-gcc-salvus/externalpackages/git.parmetis/libparmetis/comm.c:176: libparmetis__CommSetup: Assertion `j == nnbrs' failed.
ex5: /scratch/petsc-dev/arch-linux-gcc-salvus/externalpackages/git.parmetis/libparmetis/comm.c:176: libparmetis__CommSetup: Assertion `j == nnbrs' failed.

Thanks

Vaclav