[petsc-dev] CMake: make, install, find_package ?

Franck Houssen franck.houssen at inria.fr
Sun Nov 5 09:41:22 CST 2017

Here is a bundle you can pull for you to have a look (franck/cmake branch - push KO to the bitbucket as I don't know which loggin/password to use): take it or leave it ! :D

On debian, I have a "real" cmake build (not the configure traces) in a dedicated BUILD directory (make things cleaner).
More important: getting find_package to work will be much more reliable than resorting to FindPETSc.cmake (often KO as architecture/OS specific...).

I would understand you give up with CMake for reason of your own reason (!)...
But if so, the simple presence of CMakeLists.txt may be misleading (personal opinion: people can go "let's try to use it".).

Hope this helps !...

Franck

/petsc> ./configure; mkdir BUILD; cd BUILD; cmake -DPETSc_CMAKE_ARCH=arch-linux2-c-opt -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/tmp/local ..; make; make install
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/fghoussen/Documents/INRIA/petsc/BUILD
Scanning dependencies of target petsc
[  0%] Building Fortran object CMakeFiles/petsc.dir/src/sys/f90-mod/petscsysmod.F.o
[  0%] Building Fortran object CMakeFiles/petsc.dir/src/vec/f90-mod/petscvecmod.F.o