[petsc-dev] CMake: make, install, find_package ?

Franck Houssen franck.houssen at inria.fr
Sun Nov 5 08:37:49 CST 2017

----- Mail original -----

Obscene brokeness ?! What do you mean !?
Reminds me Travis-CI when I struggled to upgrade from ubuntu-12, and, had to rebuild everything during 45 mins out of the 49 mins slot available !... :D

I believe this is a shame (as lots of people use cmake)... But I understand 100% the obscene part of the "dark side" ! (I escaped the Travis-CI "death star")
I got that to work in 30-45 minutes (with find_package support): looks nice and stable...
Personal opinion: either you decide to have a fresh look at this (things may be better now), or, you should unplug the generation of CMakeLists.txt (misleading).

Franck