[petsc-dev] One DM two SNES

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Wed Nov 1 17:50:17 CDT 2017

Hi,

I have just spent 2h helping a student debugging a code, and I think that the problem is not ours…
See the attached example: 1 create 1 DM and 2 SNES.
If I assign the same DM to both SNES, the function and Jacobean of the second are ignored, and the first one is used.
Replace the block l 138 - l. 149 with the one commented above, and the result is even weirder.

Is this the intended behavior? If so, should there be a note of this behavior in the SNESSetDM man page?

Blaise

--
Department of Mathematics and Center for Computation & Technology
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA