[petsc-dev] error configuring on KNL

Richard Tran Mills rtmills at anl.gov
Fri Jun 30 13:44:57 CDT 2017

Hi Mark,

Take a look at the example template I've put together on Cori and see if it
is helpful to you:

  /global/homes/r/rmills/proj/petsc/config/arch-cray-xc40-knl-opt.py

(I note that the optimization levels for the different compilers were
chosen after a fair amount of testing.)  I'm about to check this into the
config/examples directory in the PETSc repo, so I'll appreciate any
comments you might have on this.

Also, I note that I looked at your configure options, and it looks like you
are mixing Intel compiler options (e.g., "-qopenmp-simd") with Cray
compiler options (e.g., "-hcpu=mic-knl"; you want "-xMIC-AVX512" for
Intel). Which compiler are you using? It's easy to get confused since the
same compiler wrappers are used for the Intel, Cray, and GCC compilers.

Best regards,
Richard