[petsc-dev] unwind next

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 29 10:40:47 CDT 2017

Petsc next branch users,

Next has collected unwanted stuff - so I think its a good time to
unwind it.

I've saved current next as 'next-jun-2017' - and reset 'next' to
current master. So if using next branch - please do the following in
*all* your clones (with next).

git checkout master
git fetch
git branch -D next
git checkout next

PETSc integrators,

Please verify before your push to next - so that stale next is not
restored.  If you try - you should get a merge conflict on
'petscversion.h'. [Don't resolve this conflict and push - its a
warning that you are using stale next]

If using .git/hooks/prepare-commit-msg [Barry?] - please update this
script to use '-3' instead of '-2' for PETSC_VERSION_RELEASE in
'next' block (I'm guessing '[0-9]*' should work - but unverified)

Current branches in stale next:
  origin/barry/feature-fortran-petscerror
  origin/barry/fix-const-matdiagonalscale
  origin/barry/fix-umfpack-empty-matrix
  origin/barry/improve-tao-test-gradient
  origin/jed/snes-ex5-mms-dedup
  origin/knepley/fix-dm-label-name-fortran
  origin/pr698/scools/scools/pipecgrr-v2/master
  origin/stefano_zampini/feature-glvis-viewer
  origin/stefano_zampini/feature-gmsh-periodic

stefano branches will be tested in next-tmp.

origin/jed/snes-ex5-mms-dedup doesn't cleanly merged to new next. Jed, can
you perhaps rebase this branch - and do the merge to next?

I've merged the remaining branches to new next.

Thanks,
Satish