[petsc-dev] snes/ex56 target is gone

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Jun 28 14:35:50 CDT 2017

>    Jed,
>
>     Aside from its name and location this is a very useful thing. Should it be in $PETSC_DIR/lib/petsc/conf/ ? since it cannot stay in $PETSC_DIR for --prefix installs?

I guess that's a reasonable location.  The file isn't platform-dependent
so it could go elsewhere.  In that location, it should acquire a line
specifying PETSC_ARCH upon install.  The only issue with the path is
that you're actually typing it on the command line, and that would be
a starter Makefile for anyone building a larger project.