[petsc-dev] How to compute RARt with A and R as distributed (MPI) matrices ?

Franck Houssen franck.houssen at inria.fr
Wed Jun 21 08:00:33 CDT 2017

How to compute RARt with A and R as distributed (MPI) matrices ?

This works with sequential matrices.
The doc say "currently only implemented for pairs of AIJ matrices and classes which inherit from AIJ": I supposed that MPIAIJ was someway inheriting from AIJ, seems that it doesn't.

Is this kind of matrix product possible with distributed matrices in PETSc ? Or is this a known limitation ?
Do I go the wrong way to do that (= should use another method) ? If yes, what is the correct one ?

Franck

PS: running debian/testing + gcc-6.3 + bitbucket petsc.

>> mpirun -n 2 matRARt.exe seq
Mat Object: 1 MPI processes
type: seqaij
row 0: (0, 1.) (1, 0.)
row 1: (0, 0.) (1, 1.)

>> mpirun -n 2 matRARt.exe mpi
[0]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type
[0]PETSC ERROR: Matrix of type <mpiaij> does not support RARt