[petsc-dev] PETSc statistics

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 10:57:23 CDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Dave May <dave.mayhem23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a place where I can find up-to-date statistics about the PETSc
> user base?
>
> I was thinking about these metrics:
> * average monthly downloads

This has email statistics: https://arxiv.org/abs/1510.01122
Its very hard to get download statistics, since we cannot get them from
Bitbucket, and we are at a lot of computing centers. However,
last time we tried I think it was 400 downloads/month.

Here, https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=MtzzT2MAAAAJ, it says 4500

> * any estimates of the number of actual users

I usually say tens of thousands. Our users meeting attracts 100+ presenters
each year.

   Matt

http://www.caam.rice.edu/~mk51/