[petsc-dev] 3rd party GPU AMG solvers

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jul 13 22:16:47 CDT 2017

Hi Mark,

> I hear Hypre has support for GPUs in a May release. Any word on the
> status of using it in PETSc?

as far as I know, it is currently not supported in PETSc. I'll have a
look at it and see what needs to be done to enable it.

> And we discussed interfacing to AMGx, which is complicated (precluded?)
> by not releasing source. Anything on the potential of interfacing to
> AMGx?  I think it would be great to make this available. It is on a lot
> of checkboxes. I would love to be able to say, yea you can use it.

Lorena Barba's group actually interfaced PETSc to AMGx at some point
(presented at GTC 2016 if I'm not mistaken). I'll reach out to them,
maybe they have something to contribute.

Best regards,
Karli