[petsc-dev] Introducing new "test harness" to PETSc

Scott Kruger kruger at txcorp.com
Wed Jan 18 18:26:31 CST 2017

>> Right now, I am running stuff through 'make'. The % matching does not work, but searchin does. Moreover, in order to replace
>> output, I need to type DIFF=<crazy script>, so I would just do that by using Python with a short option, dumping that script,
>> calling it, and then deleting. Also, I want to be able to toss in arguments, since this makes it much simpler to debug tests. It
>> seems I will need a wrapper to the make.
>
>    Despite that fact that Jed thinks we all have direct access to his ~/bin all of these things need to be added to the test harness.
>
>     We need to get the % matching to work,

I have a pull request for that in.  In addition to combining search
and searchin methods, I have a $(shell $(PYTHON) <oneliner>) method.
Matt can try:
    make -f gmakefile echo_test pysearch='dm*plex*ex2*'
to see if it works for what he wants.

The shell method is a bit slower so I am keeping the other methods.

  we need a REPLACE=1 option,

Not done yet.

and a OPTIONS= option.

Isn't this the same as the already implemented TESTFLAGS?

Scott

These just haven't been done yet.

Tech-X Corporation               kruger at txcorp.com
5621 Arapahoe Ave, Suite A       Phone: (720) 974-1841
Boulder, CO 80303                Fax:   (303) 448-7756