[petsc-dev] reading gmsh into DMPlex

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jan 16 21:15:35 CST 2017

hi Matt

On 17/01/17 15:52, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> Its a DOS file and has no newline at the end. Thus, when I read
> $EndElements, it has no termination and you
> can something weird. I put a newline on that line and its fine.

I don't think it is a DOS file- it was created on a Linux machine, emacs
doesn't identify it as DOS, and I tried running dos2unix on it to make
sure, but that made no difference.

What does make a difference is manually adding a newline on the end.
However, that isn't super convenient when these files are being created
automatically via scripts.

Would it be possible to make DMPlexCreateGmsh() a bit more robust about
the line ending at the end of the file? Gmsh itself isn't bothered by it.

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher
Senior Research Fellow