[petsc-dev] build on cygwin for cygwin

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:30:23 CST 2017

On 27/02/2017 19:15, Satish Balay wrote:
> Ah - previously I didn't check the error log closely.
>

> Using PETSC_DIR=/usr/local and PETSC_ARCH=
>>> C/C++ example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with 1 MPI process
>>> C/C++ example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with 2 MPI processes
> <<<<<
>
> So the C tests did run fine. [with openmpi build]

the trick seems to copy/move the shared libs from
usr/local/lib to /usr/local/bin so that libpetsc.so.3.7.5
is on the PATH.

>>> Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process
> <<<<
>
> Hm - the test for sequential build failed? Perhaps you had some mixup
> of files with the previous openmpi build.
> When changing builds (like switching mpi) - its best to remove build
> files in PETSC_ARCH - and install files in prefix-dir - before the
> next build.  Or use a different PETSC_ARCH/prefix values for the
> second build.

I am using in general different directories.
I will try again just in case I missed something.

> I tried both builds - and they ran fine for me. [with maint/3.7]
>
> Either way - fortran examples don't work with dlls - so its best to
> use --with-shared-libraries=0

don't work in general or just for cygwin ?

> Satish

additional question :
- where is defined the  `libpetsc.so.3.7.5` name for the shared lib ?

I would prefer to use the cygwin standard nomenclature.

Regards
Marco