[petsc-dev] How to pass user data to a registered PC (PCRegister) ?

Franck Houssen franck.houssen at inria.fr
Sun Dec 31 08:01:43 CST 2017

Using PCSHELL means calling:
 - PCShellSetSetUp, PCShellSetApply, PCShellSetDestroy to set callbacks.
 - PCShellSetContext/PCShellGetContext to get/set context in callbacks.

To go from PCSHELL to PCRegister, one need to:
 - #include <petsc/private/pcimpl.h> // Access to PC data/struct.
 - Set callbacks with pc->ops->...
 - NO more use ANY shell methods (context, name), but, use pc->data instead.
 - call PCRegister.

Correct ? Did I miss something ?

Seems I get things to work (without compose function).

The last problem I have is in the options: options are passed to PetscInitialize but not found in the database (I mimic'ed the jacobi example). Is there specific related to this ?