[petsc-dev] Bitbucket vs Github

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 21 22:05:21 CST 2017

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> The RSS from Bitbucket is far superior. I cannot see anything that went on
> with Github, but Bitbucket shows it nicely.

I admit I didn't spend much time on github - but when I had to do some
project access setup [wrt teams or somthing else] - I was totally
lost.  Whereas bitbucket - I understand how to do access management at
project/repo level..

Wrt bitbucket - sometimes I've seen my e-mail replies [to comments on
PR/commits] got lost.  [probably a fixable bug somewhere]

Wrt github - I wouldn't know how to reply to some of the messages [in
PR? issue traker?]  This is verry annoying.

At this point I still prefer bitbucket. I don't think 'page load time'
is a sufficient reason to switch.

Satish