[petsc-dev] Lisandro must love this unneeded TSView information

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 07:44:44 CDT 2017

On 30 April 2017 at 06:08, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> TS Object: 1 MPI processes
>   type: euler
>   maximum steps=100
>   maximum time=100.
>   total number of linear solver iterations=0
>
> So the explicit Euler method feels the need to print the number of linear solver iterations it uses? Though, obviously it is always zero.

Oh, Barry! This has been bothering for about a year.

> Its going to take years to remove the SNES contamination from TS.

I'll take a look. Perhaps it is easier that it looks.

--
Lisandro Dalcin

4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
al-Khawarizmi Bldg (Bldg 1), Office # 0109
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
http://www.kaust.edu.sa

Office Phone: +966 12 808-0459