[petsc-dev] petsc patch number

Kong, Fande fande.kong at inl.gov
Thu Apr 13 14:23:51 CDT 2017

Thanks,

In the moose side, we want to make some tests against the current maint,
but still have some tests against the old one. The two versions of petsc
may have the same petsc version number, e.g. 3.7.5. I want a patch number
from which I could tell which one is newer. How it is different from the
old one.

Any alternative way to do that? When compiling  PETSc, do we have a macro
variable to define the commit number?

Fande,