[petsc-dev] Potential BUG for petsc4py

Ji Zhang gotofd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 02:19:45 CST 2016

Dear all,

I'm a petsc and petsc4py user. Obviously, the package is outstanding and
elegant for those projects involving large matrix calculation. One small
defect, I think, is that petsc4py.PETSc.Object.destroy() method do not work
in parallel mode. The memory cannot be released.

For example, if I create a Mat obj named mat1, do some stuffs, and then use
mat1.destroy(), the memory useage of the code decreased without mpirun,
what is not change with mpirun. More, let mat2=mat1, after do
mat1.destroy(), mat2 is unacceptable whether memory is released or not.

Is there any one can check if I made some mistakes? Thanks.

此致
    敬礼
张骥(博士研究生)
北京计算科学研究中心
北京市海淀区西北旺东路10号院东区9号楼 (100193)

Best,
Regards,
Zhang Ji, PhD student
Beijing Computational Science Research Center
Zhongguancun Software Park II, No. 10 Dongbeiwang West Road, Haidian
District, Beijing 100193, China