[petsc-dev] mpich-3.2 broken on OS X 10.11

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 7 14:31:52 CST 2016

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016, Hong Zhang wrote:

> I am not sure if I am the only one getting segmentation faults when building PETSc with mpich-3.2 (by default) on OS X 10.11. 'make testing' in mpich directory also fails. After I switch back to mpich-3.1, everything goes back to normal.

It will be useful if you can send logs of the errors you are getting.

We have a nightly build on 10.11 that works fine.. [look for lines with 'ipro' string]

http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2016/03/06/master.html

One potential pitfall on OSX that I've noticed is - update/install
latest xcode - but not update/reinstall brew [gfortran]. Here - the
old gfortran [from brew] fails with newer xcode..

Satish