[petsc-dev] clash of --download-xxx with something in /usr/include /usr/local/include

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 27 14:15:09 CST 2016

Its fine to have duplicates in default location.

The issue is with using 'gcc -I/usr/include'

i.e 'gcc -I/my/location' will work - irrespective of any packages
installed in default location But 'gcc -I/usr/include -I/my/location'
will break.

However - if one wants to pick up some packages from /usr/local - but
[or /sw/include] - and not others - i.e locations that are not
compiler defaults - that can cause grief..

Satish