[petsc-dev] thread communicator

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 12 14:33:46 CST 2016

  Rob,

    I guess you missed the last FASTMath meeting. We have stopped all work on using threads a long time ago because we never saw an improvement in performance and it was a pain to maintain. We even ripped the thread code out of PETSc so currently we are back to being an all "MPI" model.

   Barry

So far we haven't lost all our funding :-)