[petsc-dev] Adding support for new sparse BLAS inspector-executor routines in MKL

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 30 14:07:37 CDT 2015

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015, Richard Mills wrote:

> I need to get an initial implementation in place first, but I'll go ahead
> and ask about how I'll eventually need to set things up in BuildSystem for
> this.  Perhaps I should follow a similar model to the MKL Pardiso support,
> i.e., make the user explicitly ask for this?  Something like
> '--with-mkl_spmv2-dir=LOCATION_OF_INTEL_MKL'?

Essentially 'yes'.

Perhaps there is a better way to organize the relations btweeen mkl,
blaslapack, pardiso, spmv2 etc.

Right now the requirement is:

--with-blas-lapack-dir=LOCATION_OF_INTEL_MKL
--with-mkl_feature-dir=LOCATION_OF_INTEL_MKL

[or its variants with-foobar-include, --with-foobar-lib]

The idea is - blas/lapack features [of mkl] will be detected in
blaslapack.py. The additional required features [includes or
libraries] can be detected in with-mkl_feature.py

Satish