[petsc-dev] actually, I think I did find and fix a bug in virs.c:SNESSolve_VINEWTONRSLS() [attached patch]

Ed Bueler elbueler at alaska.edu
Wed Mar 18 16:35:45 CDT 2015

Barry and Jed --

Actually, I think I do see a bug that has caused me some problems, namely
that when RSLS diverges, stuff is corrupt.  This seems to be because
DMDestroyVI() was not called when the diverged cause a "break" out of the
for loop in SNESSolve_VINEWTONRSLS().  Part of the problem was the indent
level. ;-)

I've decided to follow this advice:
"""
*For very small changes you can clone the petsc repository, create a new
branch on your local repository from master, apply and commit your changes
there, and use git format-patch origin/master to create the patch. Send the
patch to petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov.
"""

The attached should explain itself, but note I branched off of
barry/snes-monitor-vi-residual, and thus did
   git format-patch barry/snes-monitor-vi-residual
to generate the patch.

Is this an easy to apply form, compared to me being confused about my fork?

Ed

--
Ed Bueler
Dept of Math and Stat and Geophysical Institute