[petsc-dev] Configure problem on Titan

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 11 23:43:53 CDT 2015

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015, Jed Brown wrote:

> >   If one fails then configure moves on an tries with the other. Is
> >   this a problem? We do it all over the place on configure.
>
> The problem is that both may "work" (link without errors), but exhibit
> subtle errors at run-time due to ABI mismatch.

The current usage mode here is:

--with-clib-autodetect=0 --with-cxxlib-autodetect=0 --with-fortranlib-autodetect=0 LIBS=-lstdc++

In this mode - I don't think configure should be gussing - and let the
user provide the appropriate compatibility library list.

If any fixes - they should go for usage:
--with-clib-autodetect=1 --with-cxxlib-autodetect=1 --with-fortranlib-autodetect=1

Satish