[petsc-dev] Configure problem on Titan

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Mar 11 23:41:03 CDT 2015

Aron Ahmadia <aron at ahmadia.net> writes:
> Huh, BG/P and /Q are outliers.  All of the compiler scripts went through (I
> believe) gcc to do the final link, which meant they properly brought in the
> external libraries required by C++/Fortran.  They also promised C ABI
> compatibility between the XL compilers and GCC, which I guess is standard
> these days.

C (standard; without extensions) ABI compatibility has basically always
been the case.  You have to link to system libraries and nobody wants to
ship totally different system libraries for different compilers.  C++ is
sometimes compatible and Fortran is basically never compatible.

> zsh 10219  (git)-[master]-% gfortran -Wl,-v foo.f90

This can be done, but it's really low level.