[petsc-dev] Seeking OLCF users complaining about poor build times

Nathan Collier nathaniel.collier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:47:04 CST 2015

Ok, on a whim I tried reconfiguring in home again this morning but from a
different login node. There was no load last night (on ext4) and none this
morning (on ext5), but now my configure time from /ccs/home/nate is 13m.
While not appreciably better than the /lustre time, it is suddenly much
faster than the 41m I sent previously.

Strikes me that this kind of experience is what confuses/frustrates users.

Nate

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Nathan Collier <nathaniel.collier at gmail.com