[petsc-dev] CUDA guys, stuff still broken in master/next

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Feb 21 13:50:48 CST 2015

Hi,

 >> I don't think that it is a good idea to unconditionally set the
vector type to VECCUSP here (and at a few other locations in bjacobi.c).
Particularly as this causes a test to leak memory which does not even
use CUSP vectors. We may not have the 'correct' vector information
available at this point, so we can only guess which type is correct.

>    Would a call to MatGetVecs() here tell you the type of the vectors you need? Yeah you create and then immediately destroy a vector but that is ok.

yeah, that should work. Particularly as VecSetType() currently destroys
the just created vector anyway.

Thanks and best regards,
Karli