[petsc-dev] strangness in Chebyshev estimate of eigenvalues

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 28 06:02:05 CDT 2015

Is there a good way to get a deterministic rand wrt number of processors?
Seeding rand for each entry, with its global ID would work I assume.

If drand48 is just one line then why not just copy it tweak it as desired?

Cheby is otherwise deterministic, with a deterministic PC, and we have
equation numbers to make this work. Eigen estimates are a real pain and the
source of a lot of time consuming AMG errors.  It would be nice to have it
not depend in any way on processor count.