[petsc-dev] [PETSc checkBuilds] PETSc blame digest (next) 2015-08-24

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Aug 24 11:53:41 CDT 2015

Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> writes:
> It does not understand part of the toolchain, so I do not even think its
> crappy in this instance :)

Well, it's not about not understanding the toolchain.  If someone
changes an API, but does not update all call sites, the person that
wrote the original call site (perhaps years ago) gets blamed.  I don't
know an easy way to do better except to bisect the history (somewhat
expensive because builds and tests are not very fast).