[petsc-dev] web page needs attention ...

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 11 16:38:31 CDT 2015

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 3:47 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> wrote:
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/PetscOptionsBool.html#PetscOptionsBool
>
> has PetscOptionsBool_Private in the body.
>
> That is actually what is in the file.

   This came about when I introduced the PetscOptions object, but kept it hidden from the source code with a series of macros. Eventually we'll decide to either

1) make the PetscOptions object part of the public API  or

2) leave it private and then convert the manual pages to use the /*MC format with Synopsis providing the API

  Barry

Note that this PetscOptions object is NOT a reference to the options database, it is just an encapsulation of all the handling of PetscOptionsXXX() at a particular place in the code to avoid any use of global variables.