[petsc-dev] Custom reductions

Håkon Strandenes haakon at hakostra.net
Tue Apr 21 11:25:22 CDT 2015

The MPI_MIN, MPI_MAX and MPI_SUM only indicate that we want to have the
smallest or largest value, or in case of MPI_SUM, the sum of all values
participating in the reduction. It has nothing to do with floting point
or integer types as such, they work with both.

(In addition there is some boolean operations like MPI_LAND, MPI_LOR,
MPI_LXOR, MPI_BAND, MPI_BOR that work with boolean types, and some
operations like MPI_SUM and MPI_PROD can also be used with complex
types, but I don't know if PETSc use this at all.)

Håkon