[petsc-dev] related to compiling your source code

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 15 15:33:30 CDT 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, Mark Adams wrote:

> I was not clear.  People put a .petscrc file temporarily in their home
> directory, not thinking that it will be used by PETSc, but just as a place
> to store the file. I never use a non-default PETSc parameter all of the
> time (like malloc_dubeg) so don't use a ~/.petscrc file. FORTRAN users can
> not, or do not, use command line arguments so the .petscrc file is large
> and has all arguments.
>
> So I meant the do not create it as a RC file but just as a place to store a
> copy of the file.

My point is - the fact they are carrying arround a .petscrc file [even
if they don't know what it is] would qualify them as a petscrc
user.

[otherwise how did this file get created at the original location
[before getting into ~/? cosmic rays?]

So  - I don't buy the argument " no one except satish uses petscrc"

Satish