[petsc-dev] clang --analyze messages on PETSc

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 15 12:28:11 CDT 2015

   For the first n years of PETSc we always forced a malloc of at least size 1. The problem is that this allows code to use pointers that they shouldn't use and leads to bugs that can go undetected for a long time.

    I'm inclined to turn off the --analze error message for zero pointer ops and leave the code alone.

  Barry